Thursday 31 December 2015

Makeup Revolution - Iconic Pro 2 Review


Hi Everyone!
As you can already tell from the title, I am finally going to do my first review on my blog. To start of my reviews I decided to review one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes from one of my favourite drugstore brands - Makeup Revolution.  This is the Iconic Pro 2 Palette.


First of all, can we just appreciate the packaging. I am a massive sucker for packaging with my favourite being sleek matte black. For this palette, Makeup Revolution uses a sleek black matte case with rose gold writing which comes in a rose gold box.


This palette may look familiar to you but that is because it is a dupe for the Lorac Pro 2 Palette but it is obviously a lot cheaper. When you open the palette, it reveals a full size mirror which is a huge plus for me. It then has a plastic sheet over the shadows telling the names of each. Most people I know just throw this away but I like to keep it because it has the shade names and also because it helps stop the eyeshadows dirtying the mirror. I would much rather prefer the names on the actual palette but hey-ho you can't have everything. 


Just like the Lorac Pro 2 Palette, this palette also has matte shades in the top row and the shimmers in the bottom. The colours are very buttery and pigmented but I can't compare this to the Lorac version as I do not own it. I haven't used all the shades yet but my most used one is probably Chase (the second matte) which I just like to use in my crease to add some depth. I love all the colours and cannot wait to experiment with each one. 


I have swatched two shades - one matte and one shimmer. They are New Day (the fifth shimmer) and Silk (the second shimmer). As you can see the pigmentation is great especially for the matte. I didn't expect the shimmer shade to show up much either but I was wrong! If the pigmentation is this great on its own, imagine what it would be like with a primer underneath!

These palettes also come with a double ended brush made with synthetic hair unlike the Lorac Pro 2. In their old palettes, MUR have the standard double ended sponge applicator that most people end up throwing straight into the bin. The fluffy end of the brush, presumably for blending works great and I love using it in my crease. However, the other flat side which is probably to apply shadow doesn't work as well because it is shiny so the shadow will not properly stick to the lid. Do not let this put you off though because the shadows are great, brush or no brush.

Overall, I think this palette is great for anyone looking for a drugstore dupe of the Lorac Pro 2 Palette. If you are looking for a dupe for the Lorac Pro 1, do not fear as MUR already have the solution for that - enter, Iconic Pro 1. I do not own this palette but I really want to try it. If you haven't already figured it out, the Pro 1 contains warm shades whereas the Pro 2 has cooler shades. I think both of the palettes are totally worth it especially for the £6.99 price!

Which are your favourite Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes?





No comments:

Post a Comment