Saturday 19 December 2015

Winter Outfit Ideas + Makeup Look

Hi everyone!
I'm so excited to have finally set up my new blog! Here I will be able to share my love of all things beauty and fashion.
To start of with, I wanted to do a winter look book sort of thing. My favourite thing about the different seasons aside from the beauty of it all is probably styling new outfits. 
For this blogpost, I wanted to do four different outfits but I only managed two as my internet is really slow. Anyways, to make up for the missing two outfits, I decided to include my go to winter makeup. It is pretty similar to my normal makeup but during the winter months, I like to add a lot more colour to my face as I become a lot paler.
Anyways, let's start with the outfits. I just wanted to say that not all of the items linked are the ones I own, but they are similar.
Outfit #1


First of all, my outfit looks really similar to the one on the left, but I promise you I did not use it for inspiration. I found the top, bottoms, shoes and then I found the jacket and saw that my own outfit was similar to the one worn by the model. Anyways, this is a look that I often wore (changing it up every time) during the Autumn months but I feel it is still suitable for the Winter months. I have paired a basic turtleneck with black jeans and black ankle boots. To put the whole look together, I added a camel jacket/coat. I have a similar coat and I love adding a fur collar to give it a more winter-y touch. This outfit is very versatile which means you can change up the colours, shoes, etc to make it your own.

Outfit #2

This outfit is really similar to the first but I guess that's just my personal style. I have paired a white top with black trousers and some loafers. I can't remember the style of my own shoes but I guess it works with loafers as well. Instead of a coat, I added this longline cardigan so this will be more suited for the less colder days. 

That's it for the two outfits. Just remember, not everyone has the same style so do not feel that you must dress exactly like any outfits you see. Feel free to take any outfit you like and change it up to make it your own. After all, everybody is unique.

My Go-To Winter Makeup


To start with, I apply my Olay Complete Care Fluid. I really love this moisturiser, it really helps keep my face feeling smooth and refreshed. I then go on to apply my Rimmel Matte BB Cream using my hands. This BB cream really gives me the coverage I need and is really light on the skin. I apply the Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer in a triangle shape underneath my eyes and then any other places that need to be highlighted. I use my beauty blender (dupe) to apply the MUA Sheer Loose Powder over the concealer and let it "bake" whilst I do my eye makeup. 
I don't really wear much makeup on my eye but i just like to define my crease using the second matte shade in the Iconic Pro 2 Palette by Makeup Revolution. I absolutely love this palette - it's so pigmented for the price! I highly recommend Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes. I then use the Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeliner - Felt & Kohl to do a really natural flick. I rarely wear eyeliner, but when I do, it's definitely this one. I then go on to apply the Makeup Revolution Viper Mascara in Black. This mascara is amazing for the price! The design of the brush allows it to touch every single lash including the annoying little ones. I also love the packaging. Next, I fill in my eyebrows using the I ♥ Makeup Brow Kit. This was actually a gift from a friend and I have to say I love it. I don't really use much as my eyebrows are already quite thick and dark but I just use it to define them a little bit more. 
After my eye makeup is completed, I brush off the powder. I then contour my face using the Collection Contour Kit. This isn't the best contour kit but it still does the job. I use the Makeup Revolution Matte Blush in New Rules to add some colour to my face. I blend this upwards in with the contour to make it look natural. Lastly, I apply the Makeup Revolution Velvet Lip Lacquer in What I Believe. This is a really lovely lip colour and is quite natural. However, I sometimes wear it over a nude lip to really make it a 'my lips but better' colour. I have worn this so much since I have gotten it so it's almost run out!

Thank you so much for reading my first blog post!
Hope you enjoyed it, please leave a comment below telling me how I can improve and also feel free to ask any questions.








No comments:

Post a Comment